Re: Sameer R.I.P.

On Sun, 24 Nov 1996 Sandy Sandfort <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sun, 24 Nov 1996 [email protected] wrote:
>
>> Sameer has decided, it seems, to get out of the anonymity
>> business and pursue other interests.
>
>Well, I guess you could call privacy guaranteed by strong crypto,
>"other interests."  Seems right in the middle of what Cypherpunks
>are all about.  If you like strong crypto, you'll love what's
>coming next from C2Net.

Point well taken.  Most people who are in the market for a Web server,
however, are cognizant of the fact that along with Netscape, Microsoft, Open
Market, O'Reilly et al, Sameer has been for some time now selling a well
regarded product: namely, his proprietary version of Apache.

I guess my point was that, notwithstanding Sameer's estimable commercial
software offerings, the *news* is that
he has, to repeat myself, abandoned the anonymity business with respect to
many of his traditional public Internet services.

Certainly, no slight was intended.  I "like strong crypto", so I naturally
look forward to stuff from C2Net that, in your opinion, I'll "love."

David M. Rose
[email protected]