Re: IPG Algorith Broken!

On Sun, 24 Nov 1996, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

> Date: Sun, 24 Nov 96 19:25:35 EST
> From: "Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM" <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: IPG Algorith Broken!
>
> Alan Olsen <[email protected]> babbles:

> > >"They" attempt this nearly daily by trying to taunt c'punks into
> > >evaluating the product for free.
> >
> > Then someone should not do it for free.  They should do it as a "data
> > recovery tool", advertise widely, make a few bucks, and show what a piece
> > of crap the IPG snakeoil is in the first place.
> >
> > Cracktools are starting to become a profitable business as more and more
> > snakeoil products appear on the market.  (Most are marketed to law
> > enforcement, but that will probibly change...)
> >
> > There is a buck or two to be made here.
>
> There's probably more money to be made by blackmailing the snake-oil
> peddler (pay me so I don't release the cracktool for your crap) than
> by selling the cracktools themselves.

Your both right.
The correct approach is to blackmail the peddler, and then sell the
cracker after the peddler has got enough of the product out there to make
your sales significant.

In this day and age of throw-away identity, you can make money coming and
going.

--
Forward complaints to : European Association of Envelope Manufactures
Finger for Public Key   Gutenbergstrasse 21;Postfach;CH-3001;Bern