Re: market for hardware RNG?

At 06:08 AM 11/26/96 -0800, Paul Pomes wrote:
>There are some commercial products worth studying.  See
><http://rainbow.rmi.net/~comscire/> for one.

Thanks for the reference.  However, I was very unimpressed with their price
of $295 dollars.  I don't doubt that there are certain organizations
(banks?) which would have no problem affording them, but that's well out of
the range of ordinary consumer items.    I just bought a 10x CDROM drive for
$100; somehow I think that a hardware RNG should cost less than that.
Volume is a big issue, I suppose.

Jim Bell
[email protected]