Re: Re[2]: Sound card as a random number source ??

> And what if I will use FM receiver, tuned on some channel where is the noise.
> If the potentional attacker don't know the what channel was tuned, he is not
> able to reproduce this IMHO. Of course, maybe it is possible to record the whole
> spectrum to tapes, but I think that the noise will change when recorded and
> played back from tape.

It might possibly be random enough, especially if you use a tape
recorder of a reasonably poor quality, thus inducing wow and flutter
noise to the recording before it is sampled. anyone else care to
comment?

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
       Paul Bradley, [email protected]
  [email protected], [email protected]
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/
      Email for PGP public key, ID: 5BBFAEB1