Re: IP address

On Sun, 1 Dec 1996 22:23:30 -0600, Internaut wrote:

>What is the risk of publishing your dynamic IP address to a web page while you are on line?  How vulnerable is someone just connected to the internet, w/o any server running? What attacks are feasable? --Internaut

Well, if you are running Win95 (all) or 3.1 (w/certain TCP/IP stacks) your
machine can be locked up or rebooted at *any* time using just PING!

#  Chris Adams  <[email protected]> | http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htp
#  <[email protected]>                 | send mail with subject "send PGPKEY"
"That's our advantage at Microsoft; we set the standards and we can change them."
   --- Karen Hargrove, Microsoft (quoted in the Feb 1993 Unix Review editorial)