Re: Dorthy Denning is a boot-licking fasicist!!!

William H. Geiger III wrote:
[snip]
> I don't know if anyone watched the House Subcomitty on Computers &
> Technology today on C-Span.
>
> Phil Zimmerman, Dorthy Denning, William Reinsch & others were disscussing
> computer security.
>
> Dorthy Denning gave the most pro-government speech I have ever heard. Is
> this clueless bitch on the government payroll?!!
[snip]

Well, you may find the following interesting... I'll stick this on
the web scanned someplace soon just to allay any sillieness about it being
fud. It may be a bit dated, but obviously is still relivant.

Tim

                     NATIONAL SECURITY COUNCIL

UNCLASSIFIED                                 13-Apr-1993 13:08 EDT
(CONFIDENTIAL)

MEMORANDUM FOR:

              George J. Tenet                           (TENET)
              David Kelly                               (KELLYD)
              Richard C. Barth                          (BARTH)

FROM:         Michael J. Waguespack
                (WAGUESPACK)

SUBJECT:     ENCRYPTION

THE FBI JUST ADVISED THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED A TELEPHONE
INQUIRY FROM DOROTHY DENNING RE THE ENCRYPTION STORY. SHE
APPARENTLY WAS CALLED BY MARKOV [sic] WHO SEEMS TO HAVE SOME
KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT IS BREWING AND THAT SOMEING IS ABOUT TO
BREAK. MARKOV ALLEGEDLY GOT HIS INFORMATION FROM A "RETIRED
GOVERNMENT EXECUTIVE." MARKOV RELATED TO DENNING THAT HE IS
-----------------[blacked out text] -----------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------  E.O.
                                                            1.3 (a)(4)
HERE WE GO!

CC:Records                           (RECORDS)

                        Partially declassified/Released on 10/3/94
                             under provisions of E.0. 12356
                        by J. Saunders, National Security Council

                                                       Doc #39

[Obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by the Electronic
Privacy Information Center, 1994]