RE: Modulating the FM noise spectrum considered infeasible

At 10:38 AM 12/3/96 -0500, Bob Hettinga wrote:
>At 9:52 am -0500 12/3/96, James A. Tunnicliffe wrote:
>> At 2:55 am -0500 12/3/96, Timothy C. May wrote:
>>> [...]Having said this, Johnson noise makes a superior noise source,
>                          ^^^^^^^
>>> if a physical source is desired.
><snip>
>>Yours makes NOISE?  Impressive...
>>
>>In this case, I guess entropy is preferable to atrophy, though.  :-)
>
>Indeed.
>
>I've found that my Johnson only makes noise with the proper, er,
>peripheral, though...

Geez, guys, what's this?  Pound the physicist day?  Johnson noise
is the Brownian motion of electrons in an electronic circuit.  It
is the irreducible noise, often measured in temperature (obvious?)
Cheers,  Charley
"We accomplish what we work at."        | Rules from
"We get better at what we practice."    | childhood.