Re: Logos -vs- Vulis

[email protected] wrote:
>    at 11:17 PM, Dale Thorn <[email protected]> said:

[snippo]

> ::Don't think I don't know what's going on here. I got permanently
> ::expelled from two schools as a youth, to name just two examples from my
> ::illustrious career, yet after learning how to play the game, I probably
> ::am doing much better than most of the drones who completed their studies
> ::and kept their mouths shut.  My life is continually interesting, and I
> ::wouldn't think of trading it for the neurotic, control-freak-mentality
> ::lifestyle certain folks around here "enjoy".

>     you're not unusual, in the first place since many high performers
>     just were not willing to waste time in a slow paced and probably
>     parochial (not religion connotation) school.
>     as for a the attitude, Dale has carried right on without taking
>     a break.  as for being less wired and neurotic, I doubt it --Dale's
>     into big time, including picking on anyone who he deems inferior
>     and or maybe even "Children of a Lesser god."

Are you saying I've picked on everyone?  I didn't claim to be neurosis-
free, but at least I recognize neurosis and deal with it reasonably well.
If you think any specific point I've made connotes neurosis rather than
an attempt to help someone out or correct a serious fallacy, then feel
free to point it out, and please be specific.  It's not fair to blame
someone who is an active and somewhat feisty thinker for your own
inferiority complex.

> ::I'm sure (if you know crypto topics) you realize that in creating a
> ::crypto solution, there's no substitute for rigorous attention to detail.
> ::I'm not opposed to paying some attention to decorum, but logic comes
> ::first, otherwise, you won't have a leg to stand on.

>     did logic preclude decorum. that's sort of follows the rule:
>         "profanity is the refuge of inarticulate motherfuckers."
>     when you blow you own logic by being profanely indecorus. And I'll
>     say it again, and again:

Profanity?  I doubt I've been as profane as most of the long-term
subscribers (leaders?) on the list.  Maybe you should check those
posts more carefully.

>         if the residents of cypherpunk land can not express themselves
>     with respect for their colleages, even in disagreement, then cp is
>     a has been and will be quoted in ridicule by the news organizations
>     and the Congress as an anarchistic bunch of uncivilized and uncouth
>     barbarians screaming "cryptography and anarchy for the masses."

I/we should seek respect from "news organizations" and/or "the Congress"??

You must have ate something really bad before you had that dream.