Re: "Family Channel" of the Internet?

> inspected and approved.  He said that they were going to do this, again I
> quote, "using the same encryption that Visa and Mastercard use."  The
> last statment pegged my bogometer, of course.

Sounds distinctly bogus to me...

> 1) Is it technically possible for them to limit access to only approved
> IP addresses?  If so, how can they do this, and is it possible to get
> around these measures.

Yes, there are a number of ways probably the easiest of which would
be a proxy server. A number of corporations have these set up so
their employees spend more time looking at relevant information and
less looking at porn sites ;-)

> 3) In general, how would you use crypto to ensure that your users only
> connected to approved sites, regardless of the platform or browser
> software they were using?

I assume here he means that the pages will be encrypted at the ISP
end and the browser will only decrypt the pages the user logged on at
that time has access to. This all sounds very confused to me, he is
talking bollocks I would wager.

> I asked the guy to send me some technical details.  If I receive them,
> I'll share unless he makes me sign an NDA.

I would be interested to see them but would guess at this point he
doesn`t quite understand what he`s talking about himself...

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
       Paul Bradley, [email protected]
  [email protected], [email protected]
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/
      Email for PGP public key, ID: 5BBFAEB1