Puzzle Palace 2nd edition (1983) Info

I remember that there was some confusion as to the second edition of _The
Puzzle Palace_ by Bamford.  (Sorry if this info has been posted before.  I
did not see a resolution to it.  I may have missed it if it was.)

"I found a copy of _The Puzzle Palace_ 2nd edition!", he said crypticly.

In the Penguin Press printing of _The Puzzle Palace_, it notes that there
is the 1982 edition (published by Houghton Mifflin) and one in 1983
(published by Penguin) with a new afterward.  Since the afterward contains
a fair amount of new information (it looks like a number of FOIA requests
came in after going to press), it is probibly the "Second Edition" of which
Schneier speaks...

Hope that clears things up...

(I am going to see if the dealer I got the book from will give me the info
on where he ordered it.  It was in stock, whereever he got it...)

---
|        "Spam is the Devil's toothpaste!" - [email protected]         |
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l [email protected]` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com/~alan/       |[email protected]|