Re: Redlining

At 9:04 AM 12/10/1996, Black Unicorn wrote:
>On Tue, 10 Dec 1996, Huge Cajones Remailer wrote:
>> I believe that ten, or a hundred, or a thousand people should be able
>> to pool their money and lend it to whomever they please for whatever
>> reason they like.
>>
>> That, essentially, is what a bank is.  I do not believe the government
>> should dictate which people you, or your bank, are allowed to lend to.
>
>Create a bank where the identity of the customers are unknown and you
>solve the redlining problem.

I can imagine a bank whose depositors are not known.  I can also
imagine a bank which itself operates anonymously.

How would people borrow money against real estate and remain
anonymous?  It seems to me that the borrower cannot do so if the real
estate will act as collateral.

Also, how would an anonymous bank foreclose on a mortgage?

Red Rackham