Re: Ignoramus Chewed-Off on IPG algorithm

Igor,

I greatly appreciate the fact that you are looking at the algorithm.
You have the general idea but I do not believe that you have spent
enough time with it to understand what all is going on.

For instance, be advised that all Bs and Cs are not random numbers
at all, but rather they are randomly selected from a previously selected
set of values, so that there are no repeats and all Bs are less than the
smallest possible C, and the sum of B plus C is always < 32761.
Furthermore, either B or C, one and sometimes both, are prime numbers.

You might have an A(i) value of zero, and will have it 1 in C(i)
iterations, but you can never have a b value of 0, or a C values or zero.
Nor can any set of:

          A(JV)=A(JV)+B(JV) MOD C(JV)

generate a partial set set of the possible C values because either the B
value or the C value is prime.

Furthermore, initial A values are chosen so that A+ Bmax + Cmax is less
than 32761.

Accordingly the circumstances that you describe cannot occur. The
randomness referred to in the As, Bs, and Cs, result from the selection
process, not from the values themselves. It goes without saying that
using random values would not work, for the reason that you mention
plus other.

For instance, there are no repeats between any of the As, Bs, and Cs which
is one indication that they are not random. To the contrary, the pool of
numbers are selected numbers, approximately 66% prime and 33% nonprime,
which maximizes the covariance, in a LP sense, with the modulos 4096 and
256.

The selection process uses a key, generated by the user from the timing of
keystrokes, to select the which As, Bs and Cs will actually be used. I
tried to explain this in the detailed algorithm explanation. at the web
site.