Silly me ...

About 2 years ago, I attended CFP in San Francisco (really San Mateo,
but who's counting), and I ran across a presentation by an ex-Justice
Department dude named Kent Walker presenting the government's side of
the encryption/wiretap debate.

He really seemed nice enough, and I tried to chat with him.  My topic
was how could a good meaning hacker help good meaning government dudes
figure out details to policies so that everyone is happy.

Little did I know at that time that this is the same Walker that was
quoted by Meeks as saying cute lil' gems like ...

    "If you ask the public, 'Is privacy more important than catching
     criminals?' They'll tell you, 'No.'"

    "It's easy to get caught up in the rhetoric that privacy is the
     end all be all."

After a little bit of frustration, I wrote him off as someone cashing
in on his Justice days to be some VP of government relations (a.k.a.
lobbyist) with Air Touch.

Perhaps there is something slightly more spooky with this character
than I originally thought.

Ern