Re: Redlining

Timothy C. May wrote:

> At 12:43 PM -0600 12/11/96, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> >
> >The problem is, people can choose what credit history they want to have
> >(I can be a saver or a spender, for example), but nobody can change the
> >color of their skin.
> >
> >This is central point of the theory why discrimination based on credit
> >histories is OK, while the discrimination based on race is not.
>
> But of course one also cannot change one's gender, age (except by waiting),
> or national origin, marital status (at least not easily), etc. and yet
> these often offer correlation data on expectation of payback.

Correlation is not an evidence of discrimination, at least to me.

See my another post.

You need to do a cross-sectional analysis to find out whether
discrimination takes place.

I would appreciate if some attorney on this list shed some light on the
legal definition of discrimination.

Thanks.

	- Igor.