RE: Is This for Real?

From:	[email protected]/aka Red Rackham

It's not the Cypherpunks that are crazy - it's the world! ;-)

That's right, Red.   <g>

Actually, I'm not in need of persuasion regarding the subject of
evidence (anecdotal or otherwise).  I'm aware of human nature and the
frailties of intellect/psychology which can affect the results.   It's
easy to trust another's word when one does not have much knowledge of
what can go wrong or doesn't know "how to know", or how to distinguish
between fact & fancy.   It's also easy to ignore evidence even when it
is blatantly apparent, so that no amount of persuasion will convince a
person to give up a mistaken conclusion.  There are vested interests at
work in the things people do, and it is sometimes shocking to realize
that these have been at play when one wasn't expecting it, as in your
example from Richard Feynman.

That is why it is very important to always note whose interest is being
served in any sort of persuasive bit of news from any source.   A good
question to keep in mind is "what are they trying to accomplish".

   ..
Blanc