Re: your mail

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:

> Huge Cajones Remailer wrote:

... snip ...

> > --
> > Greg Broiles                | US crypto export control policy in a nutshell:
> > [email protected]         |
> > http://www.io.com/~gbroiles | Export jobs, not crypto.
> >

> :-(
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions (checklists of things to do, etc.)
> for people who are afraid of accidentally disclosing their anonymous
> identities? It seems to be a common problem that anonymity is violated
> because people simply screw up with their remailing software.
>

> 	- Igor.

If possible, I suggest using a multi-user operating system (link linux
etc.) and setting up an account specifically for an anonymous user/nym.
Don't use the account for any non nym stuff.  This way, for example, there
won't be a signature file with a real name that might get accidently
appended to an email.

Scott V. McGuire <[email protected]>
PGP key available at http://web.syr.edu/~svmcguir
Key fingerprint = 86 B1 10 3F 4E 48 75 0E  96 9B 1E 52 8B B1 26 05