RE: Ping of Death?

On Tue, 17 Dec 1996, Blake Coverett wrote:

->> Anyone heard of the Ping of Death, aka the Ping Bomb. It's a large chunk of
->> hostile code, disguised as a mere ping, that can lead to server rebooting.
->
->> Technology Assignment Editor, Wired News, http://www.wired.com/
->> Producer, Packet, http://www.packet.com/
->
->I read the two parts above and shake my head...
->A 'technology assignment editor' that has missed
->this story till now, and can't use a search engine
->to boot?
->-Blake (who should only look at the pictures)

 Aw heck, give the little fellers at Wired a break.
It's awful time consuming being on the cutting edge.

jamie
[email protected] |          Comet.Net		|  Send empty message
		|     Charlottesville, Va.  	|  to [email protected]
		|        (804)295-2407		|  for pgp public key.
	        |     http://www.comet.net	|
"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things
to be bought and sold are legislators"  -P.J. O'Rourke.