Re: Ebonics

At 5:49 PM -0600 12/21/96, Matthew J. Miszewski wrote:

>Are you talking about the School Board requirements?  Are you still in High
>School, Tim? ;-)  I have never heard you speak of children, so you might
>have a valid complaint if you have them in public schools (although home
>schooling is still an option).

The principle is of interest to even those without schoolaged children!
Neither having schoolaged children nor living in the Oakland Public School
System district is a necessary condition for commenting on the foolishness
of "Ebonics" and other such scams. Only the most naive of commentators says
things like "If your children were not cannibalized by Jeffrey Dahmer, why
do you feel the need to comment on Dahmer?"

(Sorry, Matthew, but I'm losing any remaining respect for your rhetorical
skills. I used to think we just disagreed politically, now I see more is
involved.)

>I realize you dont agree with the tactics of some black leaders in this
>country, but I dont understand why you have this need to cloak your
>arguments in such antagonizing language.  You, of course, are free to do
>so, I just find it counter-productive albeit sometimes humourous.

I was speaking of "Ebonics." That many "black leaders" support so
transparent a scam and backward step is a separate issue, though, I
confess, not an unexpected one.

--Tim May

Just say "No" to "Big Brother Inside"