Re: "the world is half women, even though they're not on thec-punks list"

At 7:30 PM -0800 12/21/96, Dale Thorn wrote:

>All of this is valid (for argument's sake) except "the stupidity of
>little Jessica".  She was doing well for a 7-year-old, and I was
>quite proud of her. The morons who were flying that plane near weight
>capacity at lower altitudes should have been shot for that alone, never
>mind trying that at the altitude where they "bought the farm".
>
>What happened to Jessica because of the selfish, greedy adults who were
>involved actually gives weight to the parental licensing plan, yes?
>(Ouch)

Well, I of course don't hold an 8-year-old very responsible for making such
a stupid decision. I was really talking about the stupidity of the entire
"stunt," which is what it was,  Her parents were pieces of newage, the news
media were willing co-involvants (it's called "manufacturing the news"),
and the pilot had little experience in icy conditions in thin air.

Even in jest, parental licensing would have done little. Jessica's dingbat
newage parents are just the type of granolaheads so favored in California
as being nurturing, gender-role-bending parental-units. They would surely
have received their Breeding Permit.

--Tim May

Just say "No" to "Big Brother Inside"