Re: Internal Passports

At 6:09 PM -0700 12/29/96, [email protected] wrote:

>"After Austria and Germany, Switzerland is my favourite country. I have
>spent the past 40 winters and 10 summers there. I love the place because
>it's clean, beautiful, very conservative and its people mind their own
>business."
>             Taki, in today's _Sunday Times_(London).

Yes, the same Germany that is restricting Internet access, that proposed to
jail Compuserve executives for allowing banned material on the Net, and
that has laws  making various opinions illegal (specifically, the opinion
that the Holocaust never happened as the official version declares, or that
Aryans are superior to non-Aryans, etc.).

I enjoy all three countries, as a tourist, but I strongly doubt the "its
people mind their own business" characterization, even for Switzerland
alone (and certainly not for Germany).

--Tim May

Just say "No" to "Big Brother Inside"