Re: Legality of ...? More Dale

Huge Cajones Remailer wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Dec 1996, Dale Thorn wrote:
> >When my dad ran a bread truck in the 1950's, a mafia character who
> >had a bad day paid him $20 or so in pennies, and my dad said he took
> >it with little argum

> Dale, you must serve some purpose in my life. Perhaps it is to teach me humility.
> I strive to understand your purpose.

Why is this so difficult?  The subject was legal tender, and I cited
two examples (real examples, no less) of controversy. I also asked for
relevant comments.  Is this comment supposed to be relevant?

To repeat: Certain credible sources have stated that pennies are not
necessarily legal tender in certain amounts, for ordinary transactions,
say, buying groceries.  The amount I heard was in the range of 25 cents
or thereabouts.  To my knowledge, this was not resolved, perhaps due to
the "spam attack".