Re: Export proposal

Mark Johnson wrote:
> Lucky Green wrote:
> > At 08:56 AM 12/30/96 -0800, Dale Thorn wrote:
> > >What about a fax?  That has to make things more complicated, yes?

> > A fax is transmission in electronic form. Clearly banned under the
> > regulations.

> Is it, or is it ANALOG?

Part of the reason for the question is because faxes can be sent and
received with no commitment to paper.  I sort-of understand the focus
on "books" and other hard copy re: freedom of speech, but it seemed to
me the fax issue could be one point in a congressperson's mind in favor
of the notion that the line between paper and electronic/media has been
forever blurred (or erased).  Just a thought.