Re: (Fwd) Re: Mr. May's Posts. Other Things.

Ross Wright wrote:

> On or About 30 Dec 96 at 18:03, Blanc Weber wrote:
>
> > You have to understand - Tim is from California.
> >  If you choose to carry, you will be held to a higher standard of
> > behavior
> >  than those that don't.
>
> Yes, part of that "higher standard" is to keep your fucking mouth
> shut about that piece in your sholder holster.  Those that brag that
> they are packing and won't hesitate to use it are usually those that
> freeze under fire or snap at the workplace.
>
> A true shooter shut's the fuck up and if needs be, let's the weapon
> do the talking when the time is right.

I think that legally, if someone who is simply slapped in the face and
is feeling no danger to his life (ie, if the slap is sort of theatrical
and it is obvious) shoots the slapper, he may be charged with some sort
of crime. I would appreciate if lawyers on this list commented on
whether shooting is or is not appropriate in this case.

	- Igor.