Re: THE NEW YORKER on the V-Chip

> From:   IN%"[email protected]"  "Alan Bostick" 23-JAN-1997 23:09:54.72
>
> >In the Jan. 20, 1997, issue of THE NEW YORKER, the "Comment", written by
> >Malcolm Gladwell, makes a powerful arguement about the unintended
> >consequences of the V-Chip

  I noticed that when my nephews buy video games, the first ones they
check out are the ones plastered with the 'protective' ratings-symbols
that proclaim that the game is the 'baddest of the bad' in terms of
violence, etc.
  Thanks to the violence-rating system, they no longer have to waste
time checking out 'dweeb' programs that contain absolutely no blood
and gore.

Toto