Re: Scandinavian Goverments provide PGP to postal customers...

At 06:29 PM 1/24/97 -0800, Hugh Daniel wrote:
>  FYI:
>>From: [email protected]
[...]
>>    However, some hardware is required. Because the key is on a
>>    smartcard, users must have smartcard readers installed on their
>>    computers, which aren't yet widely available. But Pdr Andler of
>>    Finnish Hewlett Packard says that later this year, smartcard readers
>>    will become standard on computers in Scandinavia.
[...]

Interesting piece of trivia: I recently talked with a fellow from Intel. They are looking to purchase keyboards with smartcard readers built in. They hope to get them at $30/piece from suppliers in Asia. The lot size? 10 million.

That's a lot of smartcard readers. Even for Intel.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]> PGP encrypted mail preferred
   Make your mark in the history of mathematics. Use the spare cycles of
   your PC/PPC/UNIX box to help find a new prime.
   http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm