Re: East German Collapse (Was: Fighting the cybercensor

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997 [email protected] wrote:

> (ObCypherpunksContent: if substantial amounts of tax money starts
> escaping into Cypherspace, it's not easy to maintain a modern
> CorporatistWelfare-for-Bureaucrats state either.....)

I disagree. Where does this money "escape" to? Do you spend it on rent,
pizza, a new stereo? Hmm... These are all meatspace transactions and can
be taxed.

I met last week with a senior Clinton administration official for an
article I'm working on and posed this question to him, asking how we can
tax anonymous online transactions. He replied: "Well, we have this
corporate income tax..."

-Declan