Re: Getting into MIT is impossible

At 06:45 AM 1/29/97 +0100, Anonymous (Xanthar) wrote:
>Most intelligent people apply to several schools, knowing that
>admissions practices are subject to the vagaries of reality.

If you are implying that I was not intelligent enough to apply to more than
one school, then you are mistaken.  MIT was the *only* school out of the
six I applied to (including CMU, CalTech, GaTech) that turned me down.

>My guess is that "other factors" were involved.

I'm sure that was probably true.  I'm just saying that I doubt the
admissions process is as Financial-Aid-blind as they would have us believe.

>MIT offered me a substantial economic aid package, in the form of loans,
>grants, and various campus jobs. What does this tell you?

It tells me that you're a better man than I, I guess.  I'm sorry if I sound
bitter, but one does not work for a goal for over a decade of his life, get
rejected for it, and then just "forget it".  Anyone who tells you otherwise
needs to see a therapist.
_________ o s b o r n e @ g a t e w a y . g r u m m a n . c o m _________
Don't have awk? Use this simple sh emulation:
    #!/bin/sh
    echo 'Awk bailing out!' >&2
    exit 2