Re: DES challenge status?

Ben Byer wrote:
>=20
> What exactly is the status of RSA's DES contest?  I understand that at
> least two of the smaller contests have already been cracked, but I
> haven't seen much beyond theoretical discussion on the list on the
> topic of the DES contest.
>=20

=09Two? The only publicized solution so far is the
RC5/32/12/5 solution from Ian Goldberg at Berkeley
(and independently from Germano Caronni at ETH Z=FCrich).

=09Are you saying that you know that the 48 bit RC5
contest is solved already, or are you just counting Ian's
and Germano's solutions separately?

--
Anil Das