Re: FBI=LIE

Adam Shostack wrote:
> http://www.nytimes.com/yr/mo/day/news/washpol/fbi-lab.html
> Login cypherpunks, password cypherpunks.
> WASHINGTON -- For decades the FBI's reputation as a crime-fighting
> agency has rested heavily on its high-tech forensic laboratory, which
> could solve baffling crimes from a speck of blood, a sliver of paint
> or the thinnest filament of human hair.
>             But an investigation by the Justice Department's inspector
> general has put the FBI laboratory, and the way the agency has
> used it, under the glare of public scrutiny. The findings, which were
> turned over to FBI officials last week, are threatening to shatter the
> image of an agency on the cutting edge of scientific sleuthing.

The L.A. Times today (Wed) ran an article telling about three top
lab people working on the OKC bombing case, and how they were moved
or scuttled due to discrepancies.  This was a new development.

You'll note also that although Fujisaki (sp?) in the 2nd O.J. trial
did not permit it to be introduced (to my knowledge), there was
evidence that a high-up FBI lab person who testified in the first
trial falsified or seriously distorted certain facts to help the
prosecution.  This may yet be pursued like the Fuhrman thing.