Re: CAST

On Fri, 31 Jan 1997, Ng Pheng Siong wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Attended a presentation by Milkyway, vendor of the BlackHole firewall, which also does VPN.
> Supposedly the symmetric cipher used in the VPN is called CAST. Anyone has any info on it?
> TIA. Cheers.

It's a canadian cipher.  It's inventors have the initials C.A. and S.T.  pure
coincidence they say.  it's got a little write-up in Appl. Crypto 2, and I'll
post anything I can about it as soon as I get home.  I don't have my copy of
ac2 on me...  I do remember that it's patented, and you have to talk to these
folks for licences I believe.... more to come later.

PLUR
chris

--
Chris Kuethe <[email protected]> LPGV Electronics and Controls
        <[email protected]> http://www.ualberta.ca/~ckuethe/