PCS Encryption?

In light of recent events with the Speaker of the House Newt
Gingrich having his cellular phone call recorded and given to
the Democrats I went out and bought a Primeco digital phone
which uses CDMA technology to scramble the calls and makes
passive listening next to impossible.  (Primeco is a PCS phone)

I have been having one helluva a time trying to find more
information on the encryption used with Primeco, I have
spoken to customer service twice & the local rep told me that
the the Chicago FBI asked Primeco to shut off a phone this
week because they can't listen in on what is been said,
To which the the Primceco guys reply, If the feds can't listen
in then I shouldn't be worried.

This only tells me that the Chicago FBI doesn't have the
technology in town for now to listen in.

Excuse me if this posting is a little off topic, But I have
nearly looked everywhere on the WWW to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

William Knowles
[email protected]

--
William Knowles    <[email protected]>
PGP mail welcome & prefered / KeyID 1024/2C34BCF9