Re: Internal Passports

On 31 Dec 96, snow rambled thusly about Re: Internal Passports...

>      In Illinois, you merely have to request they not put it on the
>      card,

I don't remember having that option, but I was barely sixteen at the
time.

> supposedly in Missouri you don't have to have in put on the card if
> you have a "religious objection", but I'd bet if you bitch loud
> enough at the DMV office, you can get out of it.

Not even that bad.  When I went in there (just a few months ago) the
clerk asked nicely if I wouldn't mind having my SSN used as my ID/
Drivers Licence number.  (I wisely chose to say, "why yes, I would
mind." and was assigned a pseudorandom number.)

dave