Re: Will off-topic libertarian bullshit be allowed on the moderated mailing list?

From:	Toto (from the thread "ONE MILLION CHILDREN.....")

I can see that I'm going to have to lay in an extra supply of garlic
and silver bulltets.
 I suspect that everyone on the CypherPunks list is either an employee
of the NSA, or a member of the alleged 'Circle of Eunuchs'.  In the
words of the author of "Make BIG $$$",
  "Email everybody, and let Eudora sort them out."

You're just tooooo funny, Toto.
Fortunately you also have some agreeably accurate & serious things to
say as well, such as:

  	Perhaps if the 'experts', busy discussing highly-technical
	 areas, were to take the time to educate those seeking to
	gain a wider knowledge of cryptography, then CypherPunks
	would have a broader base of active crypto-related postings.
	The more plants that you have in your garden, the less room
	there is for weeds.

A broad base of different types of posters makes the list interesting; a
serious consideration of the actual focal subject gives it credibility
and respect.

Of course, a forum is for conversation; some people who are extremely
focused on their work don't want to talk all that much about it, and
those who have a lot to say aren't necessarily engaged directly in the
actual work involved.   It's also much easier to make many small
comments on a thread than to present a developed, coherent presentation
of one's view.   (I credit Tim May for often posting just such messages
as these.)

As a non-cryptographer my interest in the subject has to do with the
role it plays in the context of maintaining/expanding "liberty" and of
having tools to employ for privacy and independence from indiscriminate
"regulators".   Reading only about the code wouldn't keep me
super-enthralled.  But seeing the effects of it on all aspects of our
regulated social existence, with the list as a starting point for
understanding, is highly engaging.

   ..
Blanc