Re: Modified Token Posting Scheme

[email protected] (Ed Falk) writes:

> How about this simple policy scheme:
>
>   1) posts from known list members forwarded to list automatically
>   2) posts with "approval cookie" also forwarded automatically
>   3) otherwise, forwarded only after approval by moderator,

I.e., libel from Timmy May, Ray Arachelian, and the rest of the gang
is approved automatically, and when a victim tries to defend himself
and to point out that Timmy May is a liar, the response is delayed
and probably rejected by the moderator.

It's been said that the best response to speech one doesn't like
is more speech. "Cypher punks" want to take away the victim's
ability to respond to the lies being posted on their mailing list.

---