Re: FTC Online Privacy Report

The report is a summary of the June 4/5 meeting where the FTC heard from a
half-dozen panels of privacy advocates, consumer groups, and businesses.
I posted a note about it and the legislation swirling around it to
cypherpunks then, I believe.

The hearing/workshop was tense at times. The privacy advocates and firms
were at odds: companies proposed free-market solutions. The nonprofit
lobby groups said it wouldn't work. EPIC, for instance, is one of the
groups pushing for greater privacy protection through legislation and
regulation.

-Declan