Re: Sandy and I will run a cypherpunks "moderation" experiment

Bill Frantz wrote:

> As for the whole moderation idea, consider officially defining the
> list to be "occasionally moderated".  If the abuse is bad, start
> moderating it.  If there get to be few problems, stop moderating it.
> (A separate issue is whether to tell anyone which way the list is
> currently running.)

Strongly disagree. That would be too arbitrary.

In practice, a system such as Chudov's STUMP reduces the latency and
moderator effort considerably, as responsible posters get put onto the
white list for auto-approval (to be degraded to hand-moderation if they
lose it). For list regulars, it's as if the list were unmoderated.

-rich