Re: IMDMP 8192 PKCS and IMDMP Summary

On Sat, 11 Jan 1997 [email protected] wrote:

> include a public key cryptosystem. However, on March 1st, 1997, new versions
> of UDCM and IMDMP will be released that do support the public key
> cryptosystem method. The future versions will also support multi-party key

Oh, so you're just going to fix up your program a little bit, and
immediately your private key system will turn into a public key system?
Are you sure you read A.C. and didn't just look at the pictures?

> algorithms, as well as 1024 (8192 bit) keys. Note that the current version of
> IMDMP only allows 256 byte (1024) bit keys. The current shareware version and

I'm beginning to see this <insert long acronym here> as being a
variation on XOR.

> the UDCM V2.0 software package / archive. UDCM V2.0 was modified to restrict
> keys to 50 bits so as to comply with the latest ITAR details. The extensively

The amazing shrinking key... pretty soon we'll have 1 bit keys, and
they'll have to be registered with this company for ITAR compliance. ;)

> methods are not too comparable to PKCS methods. What I was referring to when
> I said IMDMP is more advanced than RSA, etc. is the actual encryption
> procedure itself, not the way keys are secured. Again, irrashional claims

Says who?  You?  Hahahahahaha.

> were not intended at all. The amount of analytical research invested in IMDMP
> was thought to be sufficient.

So a cryptosystem that's been in existence for an entire eleven days (you
said it was created January 1, 1997) has had "sufficient" "analytical
research invested"?  My, you ARE clueless.

> AND-ing algorithm without trying it first. I find it extremely hard to
> believe that the celebrated creator(s) of Blowfish, IDEA, etc. had to go
> through all of this ritualistic screening complexity too. (Please do correct
> me if I am wrong.)

You're right, they didn't.  It's because they published code first and
then asked for review.  They didn't try to make a profit on an operating
system-specific piece of pre-compiled code before explaining the system
and giving full details.

> (For the record: DataET Research's promotional agent has been fired.)

Then why are you still posting?

> UDCMV20.ZIP is currently unavailable on the web site as the software is
> undergoing additional security modifications.

You mean you're changing XOR to AND?

> structuring. Sub-algorithms of IMDMP are basically additional applications of
> one or more of the aforesaid techniques.

SUB encrypt1 'Super secret encryption routine

SHARED text_to_encrypt$

text_to_encrypt$ = "[SECRET]" + text_to_encrypt$ + "[SECRET]"

END SUB

(Will you sue me for copyright infringement now?  I bet it looks identical
to your code -- and in the same language, too.)

--3bmice