Re: A vote of confidence for Sandy

On Fri, 10 Jan 1997 [email protected] wrote:

> Does not the moderated list, moderated by YOU, already exist?
>
> I am confused.

It is not the only one, however it doesn't run at the toad.com level.

> > What difference does it make if a message is delayed for 10-30 minutes?
> > Why is it a bad idea or suspicious?  If you post something and it doesn't
>
> It is indeed suspicious because it raises a possibility of
> concealed human involvement.

What kind of concealed human involvement?  Running a raw list + a
moderated list doubles the traffic.  Running a moderated + flames list
keeps the traffic the same.  What's there to conceal when a flames list
exists?

If your threat model is that paranoid, what's to stop someone now from
intercepting traffic from toad.com from the sendmail queues?  Mail gets
sent (typically, not sure about toad) every 15 minutes, that's enough
time for human interaction.  What's the difference?

> > The point was to optimize the sendmail to send moderated messages first.
>
> What does that optimise if there is a more or less continuous traffic?

> That's a non-answer.

Cute, ask a question, then answer it yourself for me?  If there is
continous traffic, it's because of the flames that are autogenerated.
There's been a rare day when there has ever been continous traffic.

.+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    | "If  you're  gonna die,  die  with your|./|\.
..\|/..|[email protected]|boots on;  If you're  gonna  try,  just |/\|/\
<--*-->| ------------------ |stick around; Gonna cry? Just move along|\/|\/
../|\..| "A toast to Odin,  |you're gonna die, you're gonna die!"    |.\|/.
.+.v.+.|God of screwdrivers"|  --Iron Maiden "Die With Your Boots on"|.....