Re: Newt's phone calls

Clay Olbon II wrote:

> I just caught the news reports of Newt Gingrich's cell phone calls being
> taped by "a little old retired couple" with a scanner.  These were then
> given to a congressman, who gave them to a newspaper.
>
> The take on this that we won't hear is: "This is outrageous!  Why don't
> cell-phones offer encryption to ensure our privacy?"

  Cell-phone encryption is 'essential' for 'important' people.
  However, it is 'dangerous' in the hands of the 'citizens' (translate
that
to mean 'schmucks').
  The government doesn't object to crack-dealers having cryptography
capabilities, they just want to make sure that those crack-dealers
work for the CIA (freelancers need not apply).

Toto