Re: RSA challenge: is it legal to try?

At 12:35 PM 1/14/97 +0100, Anonymous wrote:
>Patents only apply to commercial use.

Got a cite for this? I can't seem to find any authority for it. It sounds
to me like a simple economic calculation (it's not worthwhile to sue
noncommercial users for infringement because they usually don't have enough
$ to even pay for the litigation, and "IBM sues 70-year old grandmother"
makes for poor public relations) that got turned into "law" by the
machinery of urban legend.

--
Greg Broiles                | US crypto export control policy in a nutshell:
[email protected]         |