Re: ARKANSAS BANS PHONE SCRAMBLERS

[email protected] ("John C. Randolph") quotes Charles R. Smith
> IMMEDIATE ATTENTION
> The Arkansas Police have declared that is is illegal to own, use, or
> possess RSU product #11265113, a fully assembled
> descrambler/scrambler, in the State of Arkansas.  Tandy Corporation's
> legal department is researching this and the product has been removed
> from RSU distribution.  DO NOT take order or sell this product until
> this situation can be resolved.

I called the Arkansas State Police, 501-221-8200, to try to verify this,
and they're "going to have somebody call me back."  I'm not holding my
breath...

If anybody has a definative source on this, I'd love to see it; it's
mindboggling.

thad
-- Thaddeus Beier                     [email protected]
   Visual Effects Supervisor                408) 287-6770
   Hammerhead Productions  http://www.got.net/people/thad