Re: Sandy and the Doc

At 12:16 AM -0800 1/19/97, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
>If you trust me, or someone else, like Prof. Dave Hayes, here's what
>we can do: I establish a sendmail alias [email protected] that
>expands to, say, your address and also [email protected].

>If you indeed notice an impropriety, the digitally signed receipts
>will be your proof that articles were submitted. As long as the
>other readers trust me (or Dave Hayes, or whoever volunteers), you
>will have a strong case even without relying on freudian slips.

I hope if such a system is set up, people who use it will realize that
email is not 100% reliable.  Just because algebra.com sent mail to
toad.com, doesn't mean that toad.com actually received it.  A small
fraction of a percent of these messages will be lost.

Bill Frantz       | Client in California, POP3 | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | in Pittsburgh, Packets in  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected] | Pakistan. - me             | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA