Re: Wow.

At 12:58 AM 1/19/97 -0500, Amanda Walker wrote:
>I'm off to look for a mailing list where people are ACTUALLY DISCUSSING
>CRYPTOGRAPHY AND IMPLEMENTING CRYPTOSYSTEMS.  This list may still be
>called "cypherpunks", but it doesn't have much cypherpunk left in it, as
>far as I can tell.

To some extent it's bad timing - there's been enough flaming on the
list (including a few bad apples really harassing it) that John Gilmore
decided it was time to start moderating the list, and that's led to
a bunch of flames about moderation.  But it was getting pretty bad.

About a year ago the [email protected] list got started;
it's just for discussing code and related issues, not politics.
It's moderated by the "Please be nice, and we'll kick you off for abuse"
method, and it's worked out fine, though it's usually quiet.
Also, a month or two ago, Perry Metzger started [email protected] ,
which is a bit more general but not for flaming.  Perry moderates it.
Both use -request to find the listbot.

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 [email protected]
#     (If this is a mailing list, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)