Re: overview.htm (fwd)

Igor Chudov @ home wrote:

> > > Jim and Dale, I agree.
> > > Also shooting one's bloodstream full of fecal matter hardly helps.

> > My point about the antibiotics is that the male gays take a dis-
> > proportionate amount of them, which compounds their problems.  It
> > suggests to me that the immune system is already seriously debilitated
> > or damaged before AIDS can take hold, rather than the notion that a
> > healthy person can get it from the virii alone.
> > One could argue that in the cases where the cures (antibiotics) add to
> > a person's problems by further corrupting their immune system, that
> > they should simply change their habits.  Since I don't see that as a
> > reasonable possibility, the only thing left is that the public should
> > be made aware of *all* of the relevant facts, even those which are
> > heavily suppressed now for PC reasons.

> Why do they take antibiotics?  Just curious.

I'm not precisely sure, but remember, I'm not saying that your typical
suburban, well-to-do, successful gay male falls into this category.

There are, OTOH, a lot of people in the city who have lifestyles which
are not represented accurately in the prime-time sitcoms, and the ones
who fall into the greatest health-risk category are IV drug users and
gay males (in the city, remember - i.e., Santa Monica boulevard).

Remember too those ads for male sexual lubricants - you cannot use
a condom with those lubricants.  Safe sex, I don't think so.

> Also, I haven't heard that antibiotics were bad for immune system,
> has that been proven?

You're kidding, yes?  Anything besides good food, exercise, sleep etc.
is bad for the immune system.  Antibiotics (usually "dead" germs of
some sort) are horrendous things to inject directly into your system.

In October 1959, after lapsing into a coma from a massive sinus
infection, I was given "a million units of penicillin" in the
children's hospital when first admitted.  I recovered OK after
two weeks, so I'm certainly not opposed to antibiotics for those
who really need them.  OTOH, our U.S. economy today is antibiotic-
and-hormone crazy, injecting cows, pigs, and chickens to name a few
animals, all in the hopes of raising production.  So why is the rate
of cancer going up so high?  It seems nearly everyone I know is
getting this degenerate disease when they get older.  Check out the
videos by Howard Lyman, who used to be a big-time "chemical" farmer.
One quote:  "My soil after a few years was like asbestos".