Re: Rejection policy of the Cypherpunks mailing list

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

>   Jim Bell is a boor, but he had some very
> interesting ideas that upset the "cypher punk" crowd because he advocates
> dismantling the system they hope to join one day.

  I have enjoyed many of Jim Bell's posts, and occasionally sent him
a note telling him so. Other posts of his leave me with the desire to
fire off a missive telling him what a low-down, scum-sucking sack of
shit he is.
  One thing I have gleaned from his posts is that he is an adult. As
such, I assume that he is fully capable of living his life according
to his own beliefs and standards, and will not be reduced to running
to his mother, crying, because of the expressions of my relevant or
non-relevant opinions.
  I have seen no posts from him indicating a desire to be 'saved'
from any less-than-applausitory comments on my part, but it seems
that others have taken it upon themselves to 'save' him, regardless.

  I fail to see how any supposedly intelligent members of the
CypherPunks list can possibly be content to fall for the line,
  "Bend over, baby. I'm only going to moderate you 'a little bit'."

Toto