Re: PGPmail for Windows, Version 4.5

At 11:45 AM 1/26/97 -0500, Duncan Frissell wrote:
>Anyone running Windows 95 who hasn't grabbed the beta of PGPmail 4.5 from
>http://www.pgp.com/ is crazy.  It works seamlessly with Netscape 3.0 and
>Eudora Pro 3.0.  The 30-day demo of Eudora Pro is at:
http://www.eudora.com/prodemo/.

PGPmail 4.5 now has beta 10 available - the download is smaller than beta 9.

Eudora Lite 3.0.1 also supports plugins, so it should work.
It also supports filters, which has allowed probable flames to
quietly vanish from my inbox :-)

BTW, from a non-government-user perspective, the questions asked to establish
export permission are nicely worded.  Rather than asking
"Are you a US Subject", and "Do you agree to follow every vague
detail of the Export Laws", as some sites do, it asks
> - Is the requesting computer located within the United States? [N/Y]
> - Do you acknowledge affirmatively that you understand that PGPmail is
> subject to export controls under the Export Administration Act and
> that you cannot export the software without a license? [N/Y]
> - Do you certify that you are not on any of the United States Government's
> lists of export-precluded parties or otherwise ineligible to receive this
> transfer of cryptographic software subject to export controls under the
> Export Administration Act?
and then has a button saying
	"I certify that the above answers are truthful",
which is flexible enough that I don't have to feel bad about not being
_absolutely_ certain that my packets aren't getting routed through Canada,
or that I'm not on some list that bans telephone company employees from
downloading cryptographic software on Tuesdays, or whether
computers 30 feet above the US are subject to this week's export rules :-),
or having to say "No" to Question 2 because I understand that you _can_
export this software without a license (just do it) even though the Feds
disapprove....

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 [email protected]
#     (If this is a mailing list, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)