Re: it aint successful until someone loses his temper <g>

Paul Penrod <[email protected]> writes:

> Well, I see that you could'nt leave well enough alone... :-)
>
> Since Snow decided to jump into your face on this one, I might as well
> throw my $0.02 on the table as well. Funny how my trashcan stays very empty
> these days now that cypherpunks is in my bit bucket...

I suggest you subscribe to cypherpunks-unedited. It may go away, but
for now it's much more interesting than the censored version.

> Frankly, it does not surprise me that homosexuality is yet another
> pointless off-topic to be discussed on the list.

Thanks to the moderation, only one side of the issue gets aired anyway.

> >> +Thank God for AIDS.

Amen.

> >>         when AIDS was relatively obscure, I always dismissed AIDS as
> >>     God's response to homosexuality (and other crimes against nature);
> >>     i.e. -settlement by a just God.
> >
> >     I almost threw a dumb ass redneck of a ship in the middle of the ocean
> >for a comment like this.
> This politically correct bullshit response is just symptomatic of someone
> who is uncomfortable with the position taken for expediency's sake and is
> trying to justify to himself the course taken.

The "politically correct" homosexuals, like snow and gilmore and sandfart
consider (violent) action to be a reasonable response to speech they don't like
(e.g. "homophobic") - not "more speech". Someone says something you disagree
with on a mailing list? Unsubscribe him! Ban him from the list! Institute
moderation to auto-discard everything he says! Curiously, African-American
children are taught that violence is a correct response to "racist" speech.

ObEbonics: "Dot's right, judge, I shot da mothafucka cuz he call me a nigga!"

> >    I've read a lot of your rantings on this list, and I agree with some of
> >them, but statements like this prove that you are a bigoted idiot. You may
> >have some areas where you know what you are talking about, and I wouldn't
> want
> >to be on the sharp end of a gun you were holding, but your head is
> definately
> >stuck firmly up your ass.
>
> Ok, we throw down the gauntlet here in true USENET style, and in keeping
> with that, have nothing of value to say (just name calling).

When they run out of things to say, they start pulling plugs,
unsubscribing people, and "moderating"...

> >     1) If homosexuality is a "choice", why would anyone choose that
> lifestyle
> >where the averge life expectancy is in the 40's, that causes so much pain
> >among ones family, and so much conflict with the rest of society.

I can answer this one, having worked for Jesuits: having deviant sexual desires
may not be a choice, but willingly committing unnatural acts to satisfy your
deviant desires is a choice.

> >     The answer is you can't. You adopt a knee-jerk position that reinforces
> >your deliberate isolationism. Anything that may cause you to question your
> >worldview gets sorted to /dev/evil and you plow ahead like some pig ignorant
> >dough boy killing as ordered for king and country.
>
> Who's the ignorant one here? The name caller or the recipient. My vote goes
> to the name caller, as he assumes this to be a debate of fact, when in
> essence he's expressed only his opinion on the matter and not bothered to
> show teacher his homework (the dog ate it - so give me an "A" anyway 'cause
> I deserve it). ;->

And when the namecalling doesn't work, they respond with violence.

---