Re: Get cybersitter to block your ISP

From: [email protected] (evans-the-swim)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy,alt.censorship,alt.revenge,news.admin.censorship,alt.html
Subject: Get cybersitter to block your ISP
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 20:16:16 GMT

To all readers:

I suggest that you do as I have done.  If you have a web page, add a
link (or many) dealing with Cybersitter, and email Mr. Milburn.
Here's my example...

Mr. Milburn:

I have been reading the reports of you and your company's unethical,
deceptive, bullying, and probably defamatory practices.  It appears
that your response to critics is to add their ISP to the list of sites
blocked by your software.

Accordingly, I have added to my home page links to various sites and
files which will inform the reader of the true nature of your agenda.
I am also suggesting to readers in all the newsgroups that relate to
this issue that they do the same.  My hope is that they will respond
by doing so, and in turn force you to add so many ISP's to your list
that you effectively restrict your users from the entire net.

If successful, this will lead ultimately to the mass realisation that
Cybersitter does not do what it is advertised to do, and that people
wishing to "protect" their children from influences with which they
disagree should choose other methods, and that you and your company
will disappear as yet another burp in the turgid indigestion of the
net.

Please respond when you have added my ISP to your list of blocked
sites.  Feel free to email my postmaster as well.

A sample of the information available to visitors to my site follows: