Re: Geiger and long, unreadable lines

In <[email protected]>, on 01/31/97 at 12:58 PM,
   "Attila T. Hun" <[email protected]> said:

>    If Geiger's software works as well as his ongoing comprehension of
>    the problem 90 to 100 character long mail message lines cause, we
>    are all in trouble.

>    mail which might be forwarded, commented a few times, etc. really
>    works best with 72-74 characters maximum per line.

Well considering that we are approaching the 21st Century I think it is a
little silly that one should have to worry about the line length in an
e-mail message. Even the dos based programs from the 80's could handle
wordwraping of displayed text.

<sigh> for the benifit of those misfortunate enough to be still working on
dumb terminals I have disabled my PGP script until I have time to add a
word wrap routine to it.

William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

Finger [email protected] for PGP Key and other info

Tag-O-Matic: One man's Windows are another man's walls.