Re: AltaVista Tunnel

Rick Osborne wrote:

> He triumphantly exclaimed that the encryption was 128-bit, but when
> I said "128-bit what?" he cowered and muttered that he didn't know and went
> on with his little speech.  The rest of my crypto-specific questions met
> with equal dark stares.  And these are the people setting industry standards...

I should be happy that you are bashing a competitor and all, but give
them a break, OK? The marketing dweeb who has to do product pitches
on roadshows is not the same as the design engineer who designs the
system and sets technical standards. There can be a big difference in
technical knowledge about the product, and even basic competency,
between the two.

--
Anil Das